Do you believe in the journey of TRUE LOVE?
Do you believe in Love at First Sight?
Do you believe in Love Lasting Forever?
Well, these stories will reinforce or renew your Faith in Love. They are known to be the famous love stories in history & literature – They are Immortal!
Let’s read a bit about them Here:
- Romeo & Juliet: This is definitely one of the most famous love stories ever. Romeo & Juliet has become a synonym for LOVE. It is a tragedy by Willian Shakespeare and their love story turns out to be very tragic. The love tale of two teenagers from two different families who fall in love at the first moment & then marry; become true lovers & risk it everything for their love. To take your own life for your wife or husband is definitely a sign of true and pure love. At lastly, their deaths unite their feuding families.
- Lancelot & Guinevere: Their tragic love story is the best and every lasting of Arthurian Legend. Lancelot fell in love with King Arthur’s wife Queen Guinevere. Slowly their love grew, but Guinevere kept Lancelot away from her. But, her passion and love overpowered her & they become lovers. Later one night, Sir Agravain & Sir Modred, nephew of King Arthur, led a band of 12 knights to the chamber of Guinevere wherein they burst in upon the lovers. Sir Lancelot made a fighting escape, but poor Guinevere couldn’t make it; she was condemned & seized to burn to death for her mistake. Somehow, Sir Lancelot returned after 7 days to rescue Guinevere from the fire. This whole love plot weakened Arthur’s kingdom. Poor Lancelot lasted his days as lowly hermit & Guinevere became a nun at Amesbury where she took her last breathe.
- Cleopatra & Mark Antony: This love story was dramatized by William Shakespeare & is still staged worldwide. They fell in love at first sight which made the country Egypt a powerful, but, their love affair outraged the Romans who were looking forward to taking over the powers of Egyptians. Despite all the risks & threats, they both got married. Whilst fighting a battle against Romans, Antony got a fake news about Cleopatra’s death; being shattered, he fell on his sword. On the other, when Cleopatra learned about his death, she was shocked, thus, Took her own life.
- Paris & Helena: The love story of Paris & Helena is a Greek heroic legend, combining fiction and fact. Helena is known as one of the beautiful women in the literature. She was married to Menelaus who was the king of Sparta. Paris, son of King Priam fell in love with Helena & abducted her, thus taking her back to Troy. The Greeks assembled all-together to bring back Helena. Ultimately, Troy was destroyed. Thus, Helena was returned back to Sparta to her husband Menelaus. They lived happily ever after!
- Shah Jahan & Mumtaz Mahal: In the year 1612, a teen girl Arjumand Banu married 15 years old Shah Jahan, the powerful ruler of the Mughal Empire. Later renamed as Mumtaz Mahal, she gave Shah Jahan 14 children & became his favorite wife. After her death in the year 1629, the grieving emperor decided to create a fitting monument for his beloved wife. It took 20000 workers, & 1000 elephants & nearly 20 years to complete the monument – The Taj Mahal. Although, he was not able to complete a black marble mausoleum which he planned for himself. Deposed by his won son, he was imprisoned in the Red Fort of Agra & spent the rest of his life staring across Jamuna Rover at the monument which he built for his beloved wife. Later, he was buried beside her in the Taj Mahal itself.
So, what are your thoughts about love at first sight? Do let us know.