Google recently made an official announcement that it’s rolling out lead form extensions in its PPC ads.
This extension is a big relief for advertisers who want to convert mobile users. Smaller screens and slower connections make conversions on mobile difficult.
You can use lead form extensions to capture the interest of potential customers while they are searching for your company, products, or services on Google. A fast, mobile-optimized experience makes form submission easy and eliminates the extra step of navigating to your mobile site lead form and get better returns on PPC campaigns.
There are still a few weeks remaining before the lead form extension comes to life. You can read this article to know everything about it and be prepared to experience amazing results in your PPC marketing strategy.
What is Google lead form extensions?
Google lead form extensions will show beneath your search ad on mobile and tablet devices and allow users to provide their contact information directly through your ad on the SERP.
If potential customers are signed into their Google account while searching, they’ll reach a Google-hosted form pre-filled with their contact details and can immediately convert with one click.
Similar to other ad extensions, you only pay when a user clicks on your lead form extension. Additionally, your lead form extension will not be shown all the time and is more likely to be shown in top positions.
The following types of advertisements are not eligible for lead form extensions:
- Adult-oriented content
- Alcohol-related content
- Gambling-related content
- Healthcare and Medicine
- Political content
Creating Google lead form extensions
It’s quick and easy to create Google lead form extensions.
First, go into a search campaign within Google Ads. From there, visit the “Ads and Extensions” tab on the left handrail. Then, click on the “Extensions” tab on the top bar. If your account has access to this beta, clicking on the blue “+” will give you a drop-down menu with a noted “Lead form extension” offer.
Now, you need to follow the steps below to successfully create a lead form.
Create your lead form extension
You have to design how your lead form extension will look when placed beneath your ad. To complete this step, you’ll need to select a Call-to-action and write a short message to appear alongside your lead form extension.
Call to Action: You can select one of these eight calls to action for your lead form extension:
- Get quote
- Apply now
- Sign up
- Contact us
- Book now
- Get an offer
Extension text: It’s a short message (30 characters) that will appear below your call to action on the SERP. You are free to experiment with your creativity when composing this message.
Create your lead form
The second step is to create the lead form that users will see after clicking on your lead form extension. You also have to decide what information you want to collect from searchers through this form.
Your form is made up of three elements and they are as follows:
- Business name (30 characters): This will be at the top of the form.
- Headline (30 characters): Immediately below your business name, use your headline to serve as your primary call to action on the form
- Description (200 characters): This will make up the body of the content in your form. Provide additional context and details of your offer and values to searchers in the description!
Additionally, you can include a background image to appear behind the lead form. Recommended dimensions for your image are 1200 x 628, which corresponds to an aspect ratio of 1.91:1.
Create your form submission message
Once you have created the lead form, you’ll create your form submission message. This is what users will see after they submit their contact information.
- Description (200 characters): This is the main content for this page. You should thank your new leads and let them know what to expect next. If you include a call to action, be sure to prompt users to continue through to your site.
- Call-to-action (Optional): It is highly recommended that you include a link to visit your website or to download something from your site.
Lead delivery options
Once you start using the extension, you’ll collect the contact information of the customers. But that’s not enough. You should follow up with these fresh leads ASAP to close the deal. Google provides you two options to reach these customers.
- Download your leads as a CSV: Beneath your lead form extension on Google Ads, you’ll note a blue link to “download leads.” This will allow you to download the contact information from each lead form extension. You’ll need to download these leads often because Google stores lead only for 30 days.
- Set up a webhook integration for Google lead form extension: To view the data of these new leads directly in a CRM, you’ll need to add a webhook URL and key to your lead form extension. Once integrated, you can send test data to view testing states and results. Double-check within your CRM that you have received the test data in the correct format.
Summing it up
Google lead form extensions is an excellent tool to boost your conversion rates and get better returns on PPC campaigns. Once the beta version is successful, we can expect more exciting features in future versions. You will learn many new things every day in your advertising career. Good luck.
Bharat Patel, who heads the digital marketing team at BrainvireInfotech, is armed with over 12 years of experience in the fields of online marketing and project management. He is extremely proactive in implementing the latest technological innovations in his projects. Bharat’s core expertise lies in search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and conversion rate optimization, among other things. His immense flare of writing encourages him to consistently pen down words revolving around current trends and innovations that relate to his fields of interest.